Sunday, December 28, 2008

One Sentence


If you ask me to write one sentence to describe what the Bible is trying to tell us. Here would be my line:

By entering into men as their inner life, God is making believers the same as He is so that they may become God’s expression and God’s counterpart for God’s satisfaction now and eternally.
Supporting verses from Genesis to Revelation:[1] ... Christ our life ... (Colossians 3:4)
[2] You therefore shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
[3] You shall be holy because I am holy. (1 Peter 1:16)
[4] Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.” (Genesis 1:26)
[5] For to me, to live is Christ… (Philippians 1:22)
[6] This mystery is great, but I speak with regard to Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:32)
[7] And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)

No comments: